Sunday, February 17, 2013

I just should have stayed in bed

Last Thursday was not my day.  It started out on the wrong foot when I fell in the tub, got even worse when I stepped on a metal transformer and cut the bottom of my foot and was decidedly bad when my "routine" neck ultrasound went bad.  Even going out to brunch with a friend didn't go right.  The food was horrible at a restaurant that usually is really nice and they were out of ingredients so they couldn't even remake things.

I have a new mass in my neck.  It is right in the area of my two previous neck surgeries, where everything possible was taking out.  This new mass is midline, right over my trachea and vocal cords.  It may be a cyst, but based on where it is it is totally nerve wracking.  It is 11mm, a bit over a cm -almost half an inch.  It isn't huge, but it isn't tiny either.  There is also what is hopefully is just a small cyst in my parotid (main salivary) gland.  This is the same gland that my brother had cancer in just a couple years back.  What ever it is it wasn't there the last scan.  Now it is 4x6mm.  Still small, but not tiny.

I am scheduled for a biopsy on the bigger mass Thursday IY"H.  The smaller one is too hard to get to, so we will be watching it and praying for the best.

Thursday is Teinis Esther, a fast day.  It is also the anniversary of my first neck biopsy four years ago.

This week we are doing Thyrogen injections and blood tests to check to see what my tumor blood markers are.  The last time I had a recurrence they didn't go up, so good results won't be very reassuring, but high numbers would certainly be telling.

And I am wishing that I could turn the clock back and have stayed in bed last Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. It was nice to see you posting again, although I wish it contained happier news.

    I'm sending you prayers for a good outcome to your biopsy on Thursday, and hope that both masses turn out to be cysts.

    WishfulBarbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara! Having hope is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about you often and pray that the growths aren't serious.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map