I had huge issues with my calcium when I was gone and only successfully got IV calcium once, my veins were horrible for all who tried in the states. I had many bruises to show for it, but after that first IV all that they managed was IV calcium under my skin and into joint spaces, not veins. It was frustrating for all, and I felt really bad for the people who were trying out of the kindness of their hearts!
My calcium was down to 7.3 and I was a numb, tingly, twitchy mess. B"H for lots of great distraction and some comfortable chairs here and there.
I got home, got calcium IV, stopped running around and doing as well, and have been feeling quite a bit better B"H.
The pool is up now, which is wonderful. It is being enjoyed as much this summer as last.
I started the new thyroid medicine for a portion of my medication the week before we left the states three weeks ago. I still have 100s of the old, but my 50s are of the new stock. I did blood tests today so I should know in the next couple days if my TSH is already going up from the new medication. It will be a mess of medication adjustments if it is, so I really hope not. Soon enough I will be out of the old 100s and switching to just the new medication because of lack of choice. Very very frustrating!
Besides that we are enjoying summer, savoring the memories from our vacation and starting to plan and save for our next trip, hopefully in another 2-3 years. Six years without seeing family was much too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment