Thursday, August 9, 2012

Procrastination pays off!!

I have a whole bunch of blood tests that I need done.  Very few of them could be done through the local clinic.  Most of them had to be done at the hospital, and not just one hospital but two hospitals because each one only does some of them.

I had approval for the tests at one hospital (SZ) and was waiting on the approval for the ones at the other hospital (EK) since Monday.

I was near the first hospital Wednesday (SZ) and decided to go on the wild goose chase trying to figure out where to go to get the tests done and what I was going to need to do.  I found the office of the secretary at 1:03pm but of course it had closed at 1pm.  I managed to find the lab manager who sent me to a different lab and in the end I found out the rules.  The lab is open for draws between 8am and 9:50am Sunday-Thursday, the secretary is there until 1pm (exactly!) to answer questions and hopefully get test results eventually.

I decided yesterday and I was going to go today and do the tests, but this morning I was just too tired.

This afternoon I got approval for most of the tests at EK.  One wasn't approved and when the doctor checked into why it was causing the problems we found out was because it had been incorrectly entered for the wrong hospital.  The test is actually only done in SZ.

If I had gone to SZ this morning I would have had to go back next week anyway.

Now I have to figure out where to go in EK and if it is physically possible to go to both hospitals in one morning within the hours that the labs are open for outpatient blood tests.

It is worth a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map