Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer is a splash

My kids may turn into fish before summer is over.  I need to find a way to get the sand out of the bottom of the pool though.  The filter just isn't cutting it.  We keep having sand storms and the bottom of the pool is taking the brunt of it.  I can't keep my car clean either.  It is just part of living in a desert country.

I have another consultation in the hospital I prefer to avoid on Sunday.  I am sure it will be fine, I am actually less anxious this time than I was last time, but then again it is only Thursday.

My calcium levels are low now, but I am not so miserable with low calcium symptoms unless I do too much B"H.  By evening I am a bit tingly and twitchy just from getting through the day, and I know my levels are low without blood tests, though I am a good patient and do them none the less since the doctors like to see numbers.

I am back to baking a bit.  I forgot how easy it is even with my limited energy, especially with my new flour sifter!  I sift three kilo (6.6lbs) of flour at once and keep it in a big bag in the freezer for easy baking.  Jam squares take minutes to get into the oven and brownies are just as quick and easy.  Swimming makes the kids hungry and their friends don't mind a treat either.  Plus, I can sneak in whole wheat flour and pretend it is healthy.

It is nice having everyone home, though I am sure by the time summer vacation is over I will be more than ready to send them back.  I still have to wash and iron all of their new uniform shirts, buy all of their school supplies and cover their books.  Maybe this is the year I will manage to teach them to cover books.  Any which way I am glad we have plenty of time to get it all done without pressure!  Relaxed summers with happy kids are a real blessing.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update on your happy summer!
    By the way,do you have a cover for your pool when it's not in use? It might help to keep some of the sand out.

    Hugs,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara! I hope you are having a happy summer too.

    We do have a cover, but it is a bit unwieldy to get on, so it isn't on as often as it should be.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map