Thursday, July 26, 2012

I need to live forver

My fathers 21st yertzeit (anniversary of his death) is this coming Sunday.  I had just turned 16 when he died from colon cancer.  Not only have I been without a father for the majority of my life, but I have a 14 year old, and it struck me this week that she is so so close to the same age that I was when I lost my father.

And yet, I still don't have a will.  I have no one that I am ready to appoint as guardians for me kids.

My husband and I need to live to a good old age.  There just isn't a choice.

One sister in law might be willing to be put down as guardian on our will, she is responsible enough that I would trust her, but she has a house full of her own kids and doesn't think she is up to dealing with the medical issues.  She isn't local, so it would be a huge upheaval for my kids.

I can't even get a babysitter for my tube fed son so my husband and I can get away for a night together.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map