After three weeks of being sick I B"H feel well enough to care about the mess. We did have company, both my mother in law and my mother were here visiting during parts of the time I was sick, so my family was more motivated to help keep the house presentable, but there is still a lot to do to get the house back in order.
Today I had a handyman come and fix the shutters that broke weeks ago. I had him fix a bunch of other little things that broke while I didn't feel well enough to care. It was one huge step in putting the house back together.
I am excited to feel better enough to care, but am trying to temper it, so I don't overdo and get sick. My numbers are better, but they aren't good or normal. It won't take much to push me back off kilter. Plus, the kids are on vacation, there is no way to keep the house up to snuff during school vacation. The best we can do it straighten up midway before the day and before bed and make sure the house is clean on Friday afternoon.
"Cleaning while the kids are little is like shoveling the sidewalk while it is still snowing." It may help, since it will be easier to shovel/clean later, but the perfect end result isn't obtainable or even ideal, especially during vacation!
The good news is, we got a new, bigger, better pool (13'x7') pool this year. The old one got holes and it had gotten a bit small for my kids and their friends, so this is perfect. The house stays a lot cleaner, even with friends over, with everyone outside in the pool for hours most every day. We are also able to keep the air conditioning off a lot more. It has been a hot summer, so the pool is great!
My kids are (in my opinion) growing up to be such nice, happy and well mannered people and that makes me such a happy mommy. No matter what is going on, that is the main thing. Not the house, not even how I feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment