Thursday, July 12, 2012

Too good to be true? It seems not!

I saw the new endocrinologist today and am really impressed.  He really knows about calcium disorders.  I have never before had a doctor who left me feeling that they knew more about calcium issues than I did.  He was confidant but not cocky, nice, listened well and also read my old medical records.  He acted as if he had all of the time in the world to get my complete history and answer all of my questions.  The visit lasted an hour!  By the time I left the patient after me had been waiting for half an hour, but he never made me feel rushed at all.

He is ready to deal not just with my calcium issues, but my thyroid medication as well and is ready to be in charge of "watching my neck" too.

The icing on the cake is, he answers emails and expects me to email him instead of coming in for every question and medication change!  He is willing to manage medication adjustment and blood tests through email.  He has asked me to email him with my test results next week and the week after that and would only like me to come back in two months for my next visit!

I feel totally blessed to have found this doctor, no matter where he is located.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back and happy that you've found a good specialist to take care of your calcium problems.
    Hugs,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map