Friday, August 24, 2012

The vanilla is gone!!

Before I got sick, which is starting to feel like a lifetime ago, I went through 2-3 liters of vanilla a year.  When I got sick that changed pretty abruptly.  I had the same open one liter bottle for the last three years.  It was half full a  few months ago, and now it is gone.

The kids and I did a lot of baking this summer.  They are now great helpers, able to follow recipes and happy to clean up, and I am having more good days when I can work with them in the kitchen.

We have 101 new cookie cutters, a bunch of good (some very messy!) recipes and a lot of good memories. They are learning life skills and I am learning to let go and give them the chance to play, learn, make mistakes, make wonderful creations - and clean up.

I just opened up a new one liter bottle of vanilla and am curious how long it will take to finish.

I also think it is finally time to replace my mint extract.  I bought it in bulk during the good old days when it didn't seem to last a wink, and it sat so long that it isn't good any more.  I am sure the children would enjoy being able to expand their recipe repertoire and I would love some chocolate mint brownies.


1 comment:

  1. I never these items came in liter bottles!
    save me a chocolate mint brownie!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map