Friday, March 21, 2014

Making life a little sweeter

One of my goals is making good sweet memories for my children:  family fun, quiet time together, puzzles, cuddles, and happy memories.

Pesach (Passover) is on its way.  That means a lot of cleaning, cooking and potentially a lot of stress.  We do our best to keep the preparations for the holidays as fun and stress free as possible, but the kids do have to lend a hand and do a good deal of work.  The holiday cooking is also a lot of physical labor which I can't do on my own.  Our custom is to use minimal processed foods and we peel all of our vegetables and fruits.  We cook everything from scratch.

We have lots of fun, and lots of good food.  Homemade ice cream and fruit for breakfast, potato kugel and sponge cakes, meringues, homemade chicken nuggets, and lots of roasted root vegetables.

But every year one of my kids complain that they don't get their Shabbos treat.  Cake isn't good enough, ice cream isn't what they want.  I have tried making candy out of boiled sugar, bought honey just for candy making one year, and so far, never found a good sweet solution that made everyone happy.


Util now.  I realized tonight that cotton candy needs just one ingredient, sugar, which we use.  So I bought a new toy, one we will use one week a year and one week a year only.

I can't wait to see their faces when it arrives and I can't wait to make some sweet, sticky, and hopefully long lasting happy memories over the holiday.  <3 nbsp="" p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map