Friday, May 27, 2011

I am sick, but getting better B"H

I thought it was allergies but work up the next morning with fever, so I guess I was wrong! I am still sick but every day is B"H a bit better than the day before. My fever is finally down, but I am still achy and can't smell or taste anything. Even chocolate just tastes sweet, not chocolaty. It is really odd.

Last night I made pumpkin muffins (proof that I am doing better!) and the kids love them, but I can't taste them at all. I stuck one in the freezer so I can eat and enjoy it when I can taste again. :)

My calcium crashed a bit from the fever, but B"H I was able to recover it with oral medication.

I refilled my thyroid medication and it seems they have switched manufacturers. It is the same address, but a different name and the bottles and pills look a bit different. I am not happy at all. Being sick and finding this out at the same time was a bit overwhelming. One of my most important ant-cancer drugs is my thyroid medication and if this new supply is cheaper, as it appears (the letters on the pills aren't as clear and they just don't look proper) it could cause real trouble.

I am going to have as my doctor to start following my thyroid levels with more regular blood tests again. I am really uncomfortable with this change.

We are leaving for the states in 4.5 weeks IY"H. The countdown is on! I am glad I had a head start since I have gotten nothing done on my planning list once I got sick.

1 comment:

  1. I too noticed something different in my new batch of Eltroxin and wondered on its efficacy.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map