Thursday, May 12, 2011

I am sorry

I actually had a couple people contact me about my lack of updates. I am here. I am okay. I am just busy, tired and boring.

Most of what is going on in my head is mostly unrelated to me and health. I am busy trying to plan and figure out the logistics for our trip to the US this summer. I had to figure out oxygen and get medical clearance for my son for the flight, have been figuring out luggage, carry on suitcases, itinerary, packing lists, fun and entertainment for the children on the plane and we aren't leaving for more than a month. I have to get everyones medications refilled, get any medications we might potentially need when we are gone, travel insurance, my IV fluids and meds, and pack still.

It is a lot. And I haven't been sleeping much or well. My brain doesn't turn off, so I lay down and think of things to remember, do or buy instead of sleeping.

Last night, for the first time in a long while, I slept. I finally got myself some melatonin and I am loving it.

My calcium has been up and down, but I have a friend and a sister in law who are both RNs and both willing to start IVs for me if I need. Thank God for them! I have a doctor willing to order labs, and the lab quoted me ~$70 for my most basic tests, though I know from previous experience that they will charge for the blood draw as well and add on more fees, at least the starting cost isn't too crazy.

I need to schedule a neck ultrasound before I go.

Next week I have driving test and hopefully get my license.

Things are busy, or at least my brain is, with pleasant things even if getting there isn't all that easy.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your long update and I pray that all things go smoothly as you arrange everything here in Israel and for travel and everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear from you. Hope you enjoy your trip very much

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map