Monday, August 17, 2009

Lab results

I can't get through to my endocrinologist and my PCP is on vacation. I am not sure what to do about my calcium level and am scratching my head over the drop in my HBG (it was over 14 the last several times it was checked) and lymphocytes. I don't know if the lymphocytes are low enough to worry about or not.

My brother in law's wedding is this week and we are going to be around a lot of kids and germs.

My stomach is a huge mess right now too, which makes getting my calcium up harder. Because of my severe gastrointestinal distress (to put it politely) I am not absorbing well. Realistically it may take IV calcium to get it back up, but since no one has told me I have to go in, I haven't. I hope I am not being stupid. The leg cramps and the tingling have gotten sort of normal. I expect that the cramps will wake me up tonight but they don't make me as nutty as they used to, even with lower calcium levels. I don't think that they are any less than previous times I have had major calcium drops, I think that I am just more used to it.

Complete Blood Count
----------------------
WBC 5.28 K/uL 4-11 (.*.......)
RBC 4.30 M/uL 4.2-5.4 (*........)
HGB 12.0 g/dL 12.3-16 *(.........)
HCT 36.6 % 35-47 (*........)
MCV 85.1 fL 78-100 (..*......)
MCH 28.4 pg 27-34 (.*.......)
MCHC 33.3 g/dL 32-37 (.*.......)
PLT 289 K/uL 140-430 (....*....)
RDW-SD 46.0 fL
RDW-CV 15.0 % 11.5-15 (........*)
PDW 14.1 fL 9-17 (.....*...)
MPV 11.8 fL 7.8-12 (........*)
P-LCR 38.8 %
Differential
----------------------
Neutrophils % 73.4 % 37-70 (.........)*
Lymphocytes % 16.3 % 20-45 *(.........)
Monocytes % 7.2 % 1-10 (.....*...)
Eosinophils % 2.7 % 0-7 (..*......)
Basophils % 0.4 % 0-2 (.*.......)
Neutrophils 3.88 K/uL 1.5-7.7 (..*......)
Lymphocytes 0.86 K/uL 1.5-3.5 *(.........)
Monocytes 0.38 K/uL 0.1-1 (..*......)
Eosinophils 0.14 K/uL 0-0.7 (.*.......)
Basophils 0.02 K/uL 0-0.2 (*........)
Biochemistry
----------------------
Calcium 8.0 mg/dL 8.6-10.2 *(.........)
Phosphorus 5.5 mg/dL 2.7-4.5 (.........)*
----------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map