I am not sure how much of the feeling awful and exhaustion is still from the flu and how much is from hypothyroidism, and the hypocalcemia that came with the flu.
My TSH last week was almost 40. I had labs drawn today and am awaiting the results. I wonder if it is over 100 yet. They also drew thyroglobin so we will have an idea how much the thyroid cells are multiplying. I hope to have results tomorrow.
On a good note, my calcium is finally back up to the bottom of the low range. Being sick knocked it way down and I have been miserable with the tingling and cramping. Today I am a bit less so B"H. Phosphorus is still a bit high (5.0) even though I am barely eating since I am sick. There is no way I have eaten 500mg of phosphorus foods any day this week. That is just not right.
I am very worried about what will happen with labs once I am radioactive. I have been warned that blood samples have to be handled specially and marked for a month after the treatment, but no one knows what the protocol is. The nurses called the main lab, but no one had any information for them.
I am still having major problems with my calcium and phosphorus levels, so it isn't as if we can just stop doing blood tests for a month. We might be able to do just twice a week instead of three times a week, in a dream if all went well once a week might suffice, but not with the way things are going now. I have no idea what is going to happen with labs next week while I am in isolation. I guess we will just pray that my levels are safe because I don't think there is much else to do.
I really wanted vegetable soup today. The girls helped peal the vegetables and we made up a big pot. It hit the spot and everyone was happy. We had soup, rice and fresh rolls for lunch. I love my mixer and am so glad they were able to fix it! Some of the rolls the girls made were very interesting shapes. Esther Rivka's was easily recognizable as a person, even after it was done baking. I think the best part of cooking with the kids is that they usually eat the results so happily. :) We had a couple complaints of burnt tongues because they didn't want to wait for it to cool, but no complaints about lunch.
I am too tired to do very much right now. Half way through making the soup I decided it hadn't been a good idea to have started but there was no turning back. It was worth it. I slept in my recliner while the kids played with the marble run at my feet. I am not sure how because it is quite loud, but I was that tired from making a pot of soup.
No comments:
Post a Comment