Monday, February 21, 2011

Busy and exhausted

We went away to for Shabbos and it was B"H great. Getting there was hard. Packing and getting out took a lot of energy and I was ready to give up before we got out. B"H my husband pulled through and we got out of here with most of what we needed.

The almost last straw was Thursday night when my daughter let me know she needed a kilo (2.2lbs) of challah dough since they were braiding challah at school Friday. That meant that I needed to make challah dough Friday morning and bake her challahs after she got home from school before we could leave.

It really was a bracha, I made a full (2.5kilo/5lb) batch of dough and made what she didn't need into kokosh cakes and cinnamon rolls which we brought with us.

Shabbos morning when we discovered that the kitchen was locked I had plenty of cake and cinnamon rolls to share, as well as the grape juice we brought from home just in case. As usual, the frustration was really a blessing, and not just for me, for many other hungry children and women as well.

Driving lessons and PT are going fine. I am exhausted but getting out every day is good for me. I am living in a haze from being so tired, but it is still good.

My helper hasn't shown up for a month and a half, so the house is starting to fall apart. I need to find someone new desperately. I certainly can't count on the lady I had to help change beds, organize the girls room with them or do any of the other house keeping jobs I needed her for.

Today she didn't show up, she didn't call and she didn't answer her phone when I called.

I can't do everything. As it is I am doing too much. The great thing is, I am too tired to care much that the house isn't as I would generally like it.

Next week is my Beit Natan retreat for women with cancer. I am looking forward to it. I will be getting there on my own, by train, since the bus leaves Monday morning at 9am and I have an oncologist appointment Monday morning at 9:45 which I was not able to change. I love the train though. It is quiet, comfortable and the views are breath taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map