Thursday, February 17, 2011

Twitchy

So my blood work yesterday clearly showed exactly why I was feeling so well. Oddly enough it wasn't good news. My calcium was high (not normal, but actually dangerously high) for the first time in about a year and a half. My phosphorus was also very high, which is a dangerous combination. The two combined could cause serious kidney damage.

So my medications were changed and now my levels are dropping, as they need to. With that comes the numbness, twitching and misery. As I learned long ago, the symptoms don't just come with low calcium, they also come with dropping levels no matter whether they are within the normal range or not.

Besides that, driving goes well. My US license, which was at my inlaws, is on its way here. I will IY"H have it in hand soon. That is one big thing off my list of "to dos" and a sigh of relief from me!

When I was feeling really well this week (thank you high calcium levels!) we decided I was up to going away this Shabbos. There is a "Shabbos Hisachdus" - a together Shabbos, with the Bostoner Rebbe, who is here to be with his chassidim.

I am a bit overwhelmed with the idea now that I am not feeling well. I am worried about leaving my comfortable chair without pressure points that make the numbness worse, sleeping in a strange bed which may not be okay, when I am already having trouble sleeping, and sleeping while numb is next to impossible.

There is also laundry, packing, getting the kids ready and traveling, while numb and feeling terrible.

But the kids are excited, my husband is excited and I was happy as well. I got a suitcase down from the attic and dusted off and IY"H we will get there and enjoy it.


1 comment:


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map