Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Congratulations to me!

I started driving lessons yesterday, which was an experience. I drove in the US for 12 years before we moved to Israel, but since I didn't convert my license to an Israeli license in the first 3 years I have to start from the beginning like a new driver.

Today I took my written driving test and passed it, which was honestly close to a miracle since the English was poor and the English study book totally totally ridiculous. Instead of explaining what things were it said "red light" "light with white circle" and "red and white curb".

A good friend helped me a bit but really it obviously that He wanted me to pass on the first try. Nothing else made sense.

I got the application for the Beit Natan winter retreat and reserved my spot. Then I checked the calendar and found out that the morning everyone is leaving for Nir Etzion I have my oncologist appointment! I am not going to make the bus. I tried changing my appointment, but it was impossible. I called to cancel going on the retreat but they encouraged me to take a train and a cab and get there on my own.

If I am feeling up for it I think it is a good solution. It would be a huge disappointment to miss the trip. I have people I want to see and I could use a couple days of relaxation, lectures and chizuk (encouragement).

All in all, it has been a good, though exhausting, couple days and there are more of the same to come. Between driving lessons, physical therapy and the upcoming retreat I have a busy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map