Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pushing my limits, but still smiling

It has been a week of doctor's appointments, PT and driving. It has been a good week, but I am exhausted and obviously not doing a good job keeping up here. My cleaning/organizing/helper didn't show up either of the times she was supposed to come this week, which on a normal week would be hard, but this week it was upsetting. B"H My husband stepped up and helped a lot, despite working long hours, but this is the second week in a row she hasn't come and it is getting frustrating. 10 weeks until Pesach and I need some reliable help to get there.

I put off making challah all week and we have company coming IY"H for Shabbos so it has to happen tomorrow. I also have to clean up, make my son's room into the guest room, and I would like to make some kind of dessert. The request was brownies, which are one of my favorites as well.

I think it is time to teach my older kids how to bake brownies and some other simple desserts besides peanut butter rice crispy treats. They are a wonderful treat, but they use corn syrup which isn't healthy, cheap or easy to procure in this country.

Maybe I will wait until they get home from school and see if anyone is up for a challenge tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I used to use honey instead of corn syrup which I did buy once-and I used the B&D natural PB.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map