Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Overwhelmed, overtired and grumpy

B"H things are okay, I just have too much on my plate. Today was my ultrasound, which B"H went well. Insurance refused to pay, but it was only ~300nis (a bit less than $100) so I went anyway. They insisted that they had a doctor who could do the ultrasound and that it didn't have to be done at the hospital, but I needed to hear that from my regular radiologist and have the one who has a good track record of finding my lumps and bumps do the scan after my surgery.

It turns out that the radiologist that insurance wants me to use is my radiologist's teacher and she was very reassuring about letting him do my follow up scans. He is a neck expert and through the hospital he is so sought out that you can't get an appointment for nine months. Oddly enough, through the insurance's clinic I have an appointment in two weeks. Those are just the wonders (and oddities) of socialized medicine.

Free and fast, you just have to know how and where.

Besides that, driving is going fine. The weather is cold and it may snow here tonight. The kids are just fine, but I think I am coming down with something, my throat hurts and I am grumpy despite eight hours of sleep last night.

My mattress topper is nice, but it isn't doing anything about my pain every morning. My shoulder, back and hips hurt when I get up despite the new memory foam mattress topper. It was worth a try, but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

My husband's birthday is tonight. I had a friend in the delivery area of the restaurant I wanted to order a special birthday dinner for him from, but for the last two and a half hours I have been getting their voice mail when I call. If I get through soon we will still get the lunch specials, but an hour ago figuring out delivery would have been easier. I am thinking that it just might not happen tonight though.

I should come up with another plan, but it is too much mental energy. We don't do take out often, and this is the second place we tried and the first one we liked. I am too tired to try to figure out anything else.

As I said, I am tired and grumpy. Things are B"H good, I am just too tired to appreciate them like I want to.

I need a couple days with no where to go and nothing to do, but as of now my calendar isn't agreeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map