Saturday, March 12, 2011

Still sick

I am still running a fever. My throat hurts so much that it hurt to breathe and the last two nights I woke up from refluxing over my already sore throat.

I was started on keflex on Friday and had high hopes of feeling better quickly. So far it hasn't panned out as I would have liked. I may be a drop better, but I am still feeling far from human.

This week was to have been a big week. I have nothing prepared for mishloach manos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mishloach_manot and my kids Purim costumes haven't been finished. I still have no clue what Avraham Chaim is even going to be! The girls are mostly figured out B"H, but one needs a crown and my looking until now only turned out junk that I wasn't willing to pay for. She was not happy with the home made idea... but it may have to do.

Funny enough, I am hungry, just can't swallow. I took some Tramadol last night hoping it would help the pain enough that I could sleep and it didn't even touch it.

This isn't a normal sore throat. This pain is up there with my post surgical pain and with the fever and body aches I am not being a very happy patient. I am trying not to complain, but it is hard. Every time I need to swallow, even my saliva, I measure the benefit versus just spitting it out.

The only thing that I have found that helps at all are some Luden's Lemon menthol throat drops that I had left over from before we moved here. There weren't many left in the bag when I found it and there is only one left now, which I will be using tonight in hopes of being able to fall asleep.

I am hoping to find something here with menthol tomorrow once the stores and pharmacy open. At one point we were laughing about a menthol sugar free candy (why would one want a medicine flavored hard candy?) but now am dreaming of them. I hope that they still have them and that they work as well as the Luden's!

I still have next to no voice. Talking hurts and yelling is impossible. I can't be heard unless there is quiet in the room, which is rare with the husband and children's home. I have taken to calling my husband so he can hear me, even if we are in the same room.

This too shall pass! Hopefully sooner than later.

1 comment:

  1. Riccola candies-come in regular and sugar-free in I think 3 flavors-less than 20SH a packet-bag or small box in pharmacy.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map