Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sick, but dreaming big...f

This is a bad combination.

I canceled physical therapy today because I don't feel better. I have a cold, sore throat and am achy from fever. While home sick I decided that I want to try canceling meal delivery starting next week. I really want to be the one cooking and taking care of my family.

I am not sure I have the strength or energy, but I want to give it a try. Right now they are sending Shabbos and three weekday meals each week, and it is a huge help. If I can't manage the whole week on my own I have a freezer full of food to use up before Pesach, so the timing is right to give this a try.

I am still limited in energy and in a fair amount of pain, especially at night and first thing in the morning but B"H PT is helping my shoulder. My range of motion in my shoulder is better and my strength a bit better as well.

I hope I am not biting off more than I can chew. Worst case there will be a lot of maccaroni with melted cheese in my children's future with them in charge of making carrot sticks. I don't think they would complain about that though!

Today is my husband's birthday. Yesterday I tried to order from a good, cheap Tai/sushi restaurant that we had both enjoyed for our anniversary, but they didn't answer the phone. I called every hour all day and left a couple messages as well. No answers and no return calls. I hope that they didn't go out of business!!

Today a friend helped me find another place to order from and we had it delivered to my friend's husband who works in the area. When my friend's husband comes home we can pick up and reheat it and hopefully it will be a nice and special treat. It is Chinese food, which could be really exciting.

We don't eat out (or order in) often, so this is an adventure and will IY"H be a big surprise for my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map