Friday, July 3, 2009

Tingly, tired and fed up with people not getting it.

We increased my meds again after my last blood test results, but for what ever reason I am more tingly and having more symptoms of hypocalcemia. It is almost as if the symptoms were delayed. Hopefully my labs will look good Sunday and I will be feeling better by then as well. It looks to be a busy day.

Sunday afternoon is my brother in law's engagement party. I have to figure out if we are going or not. My husband couldn't get off of work. He tried. We weren't told about the party until after the week's schedule was made though and he couldn't find anyone to switch with. If he had known Tuesday morning it would have been possible, but Wednesday for Sunday just isn't sufficient. It isn't worth getting fired for insisting on the time off or just not showing up at work.

It stinks. I am not sure if I am up to going with all the kids on my own. It is an hour and a half from home and will be a very expensive trip for someone I don't feel close with, just because he happens to be related.

We shall see!!

From what I heard, at this point his wedding is scheduled for the last day I am in isolation or the day after I get out of isolation for my radioactive iodine. We don't seem to rate being taken into account while making plans. I am not sure I will be making it to the wedding and I am honestly not sure how much of a dishrag I want to make myself trying. Getting all the girls the requested blue gowns between now and then considering the fact that my mother is here now and in two weeks I will be off of thryoid medication until well after the wedding it is going to be a challenge and getting everyone ready to go and there may well take super powers.

I understand that people don't have a clue what I am going through, but honestly it is still frustrating. All of the months Avraham Chaim was hospitalized and through out me not being well we never heard from him. He hasn't asked. He hasn't called. He hasn't offered any help. We are just an after thought. We don't rate visits, attendance at our joyous occasions or phone calls.

I know the phone line goes both ways, and we have called. We invited him when things were well. We tried to build a relationship.

He lives relatively locally, comes to within easy walking distance of my house to visit friends and doesn't even say hello. We see him maybe twice a year, and before I was ill we invited him all the time.

Sometimes family can be extremely frustrating. I feel like the right thing to do it to push all limits and attend and be there for him. I am not sure any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map