Friday, September 3, 2010

Good new/bad news

The good news is better than the bad news though!

My calcium is a bit high, but not dangerously so. I am thinking we should watch it and not change anything until we have to. Ultimately that is up to my doctors and not me though. We shall see!!

AC's dental appointment went well. IY"H we only have one more visit left, which we scheduled for next Monday. It will be so nice to have his mouth taken care of.

Today he got three fillings, a cleaning and a sealant. He also got a sticker and a toy duck.

It is wonderful that his school and dentist are right around the corner from each other. It was a quick stroll over to the dentist. Even with all of the dental work he needed, AC was only away from school for 45 mintues!

Other good news: my husband toiveled the pan from my bread machine and it is working right now! I opened the lid and checked the dough consistency after it kneaded it and it was nice! IY"H My kids are going to have wonderful sandwiches tomorrow.

Onto the frustrating/bad news, when toilveling the bread machine parts my husband dropped his cellphone into the water. It fell out of his pocket when he was leaning over. We bought our phones pretty recently and are still paying for them, so this is really upsetting. He didn't know to let it dry out well before turning it on, so he took it apart, dried it with a towel and tried turning it on.

It is now apart and drying in a bag of rice. There is always hope, but I am researching phones none the less. It is really hard not to have a way to be in touch with my husband. We went years without cellphones, but since he doesn't have a desk job with a phone available it is necessary at this point.

I think he is taking my phone tomorrow since I don't plan on going anywhere. If anyone needs to be in touch with me on my cell they may well reach my husband instead.

I need to get back into my Friday Kever Rochel trips. Now that the kids are back in school and I am feeling a bit better it should be possible. I am using a lot of my energy on one little boy's mouth until the holidays begin though!

Rosh Hashana is in less than a week. Not only have I not made challah for Rosh Hashana, I haven't made challah yet for this Shabbos. I still have dreams of bagel making as well. PDZ got me good American style cream cheese, so I need to make them before it goes bad. I little more energy has caused a lot more dreams. I have started a collection of recipes I want to make. I think I would be insane to make challah, monkey bread and bagels tomorrow, but it is fun to dream.

I am still exhausted, but not in pain or uncomfortable in my body right now. The pain and numbness are so draining that I didn't want to move or do anything. Now I want to and am using any energy I can find. I know that when they attempt to lower my calcium again I will be miserable. The drop is always bad. I want the freezer full and everything running smoothly in the house before that happens.

I love the smell of bread baking!

1 comment:

  1. I had to google Monkey bread as I never heard of it before.
    Man I want to move in next door to you and pray for yummy leftovers!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_bread

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map