Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Packed, labeled, bagged, written

It is funny, as much work as it was to send off the girls, it is so much more work to send my son. He is only one person but he doesn't travel light. My poor husband got the task of translating the note I wrote (in English) into Hebrew for his teachers. They don't know him and they need to! Allergies need to be known upfront for certain. I packed his medications, spare tube, spare clothing, diapers, and food. It would be easier, and more fun, just to keep him home.

I think we are done.

I won't be done until he gets home from his first day of school smiling.


*****

We had a wonderful day today. AC and I played and read books this morning. He gave me his stuffed sheep to cuddle when I tried to convince him to spend a couple minutes resting this morning. He had fun roaring and "scaring" me. He helped me with laundry, I "tossed the wet laundry from the washer at him and he threw it into the drier. We had some rare time with just the two of us home and we had a lot of time just being together.

It was a great last day of vacation.

3 comments:

  1. I love the laundry throwing idea. No wonder you had fun! Sounds like one of those great Mommy moments he'll remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused-AC had school or not?
    usually it's fun to hang with mom. enjoy times with him when you can for one day he'll be off to a cheder and yeshiva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy, most any task can be made into a fun game, especially with toddlers. He asks to help me with laundry. :) I wonder how long that will last!

    Mikimi, yesterday was his last day of vacation and my mad prep to get him ready. He started today.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map