Sunday, September 12, 2010

Real life

B"H real life is good too, just a huge change from holiday, together, family time. Switching gears takes a lot of effort, but we will get there! I know we will.

The kids all got off to school today. The house got put back into normal weekday order. The white tablecloth is off, the green one is on, the kitchen is mostly back in order, just one sink of dishes left to wash and about a dozen loads of laundry have been done.

I am tired. I am overwhelmed. Being a mommy is a lot of work and it never stops. No matter how tired I am, the kids have to be fed, clothed, cleaned, and loved. We are B"H making a lot of progress with my son with his toileting, but still dealing with a lot of accidents. It is exhausting both mentally and physically.

We changed the clocks, which makes it get dark so early. Bedtime is easier, in terms of getting the kids to sleep, though. The girls actually had themselves upstairs in their beds before I asked them to go to sleep tonight. We shall see if it helps my bedtime too.

I think pool season may be over here. My kids haven't asked to swim in about a week. I am running the filter and keeping the pool chemicals right, but for what? It has been hot enough IMO (82-84*F during the day) but between school, friends, and homework they just aren't interested any more.

I am worried to let the chlorine evaporate, I don't want the pool turning green, but I don't want to chlorinate the trees either. I should probably let the chlorine level drop and bit and start watering the trees this week.

If it is getting dark before seven and the pool is being put away it must really be fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map