I am trying to figure out what to do with the kids tomorrow.
Today my big kids took my stir crazy little ones to the park in the afternoon, my sister in law came over with her siblings for dinner and then my girls went out with my husband to a big party.
Tomorrow we were to go to a park with all of my local sister in laws and their kids, but it is supposed to be very hot, the park has little shade, and there are lots of activities planned at the park which make me suspect it will be crowded as well.
Our guests are planning on going to the mall and seeing the Israeli Sesame Street (Shalom Sumsum) characters. I really dislike the mall though. It may be air conditioned, but it is full of displays of immodest clothing and crowded on a regular day. During vacation it is packed. A hot vacation day there generally isn't even breathing room.
We have zoo memberships. Even though it is supposed to be hot, it may be worth the trip since others may avoid it due to the heat. There are some inside exhibits and they have water sprinklers, to cool down the people, in front of some of the animals as well.
I have to feel better though. With the way my wrist and shoulder are hurting I would not be comfortable pushing the stroller. I am still numb and tingly from washing toilets and floors, so the zoo and all of its walking is probably a nutty idea. Leaving the house to go anywhere is probably not brilliant.
Which brings me back to staying home.
My kids need some surrogate older siblings to take them places, plan trips for them and do things with them when I am not up for it. I wonder if I can find an older teenage neighbor and pay them to take my kids somewhere tomorrow. I am not sure I even care where, as long as they are out of the house and smiling.
and if I were in your neighborhood, you know I would help you out.
ReplyDeletebehatzlacha and moadim lesimcha.
:) Thank you. B"H for people who care.
ReplyDelete