I am fully taking advantage of the days that I am feeling relatively well.
She is one girl, who wears uniforms six days a week, coming after two sisters who wore the same size at the same time. We also got a bunch of very nice hand me downs from a neighbor, so she had clothing for three well dressed girls. All said and told, we have eight big garbage bags worth of clothing ready to leave to move onto different homes. I have five empty storage totes as well.
I was definitely in a purging mood and it felt good.
We weeded through the older girls clothing as well. Though there is still some work to do there we made good progress. I didn't realize how much clothing they had! It was mostly hand me downs so it came in little by little but they are certainly well taken care of. It is time to figure out what they love and let someone else love the rest.
Sometimes less is more. IY"H we will finish their room tomorrow and get the purged clothing to a gemach* so that other little girls can benefit!
I am not always up to decluttering like this, neither physically or emotionally, but we did a great job today. Once the bags are out I may be looking at my closet for the next round.
* A gemach literally means an "act of kindness". In this case it is a place that sells second hand items for very very low prices, just to cover their expenses.
No comments:
Post a Comment