Sunday, September 19, 2010

I did it!!

B"H for the first time in quite a while I managed to finish a fast, no eating or drinking, and feel pretty much okay at the end.

My house looks like a herd of children were playing here, which there was. My kids were here and my neighbors kids were here as well. Though the house shows it, no one complained of boredom. They play so nicely together that having them over makes my life easier. I did okay fasting, but not well enough to get them to clean up after themselves. :)

Now I have bread baking in my bread maker for tomorrows lunches. I have to work on getting everything together for the kids to leave for school in the morning. Going from Yom Kippur straight into a school and work day still feels odd, even more odd than Shabbos directly into a work and school day. I miss my American Sundays.

We have company IY"H arriving Wednesday for Sukkos. I have baking to do and lots of cleaning and my husband needs to get our Sukkah up. I am in search of a margarine and dairy free pie crust recipe since the only soy free margarine here seems to have been discontinued.

I am hoping for another great week!

1 comment:


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map