I got a nap this morning but I am still exhausted, probably because I was on a roll. There were things to accomplish and I did a fair bit. It was one little thing followed by a rest followed by another little thing followed by a rest followed by another thing accomplished all day. I was on a roll.
At the end of the day all of the little things added up. One refrigerator drawer cleaned out, the bedside table cleaned off, the wading pool bleached and sprayed down, dough made for kreplach and meat and onions fried, one child's bed cleaned off and sheets changed (I played a supervising roll in that one, but I got her to get it done, so I get credit, right?), a sink full of dishes washed, pool towels and swing suits laundered, and the pool half emptied.
I am so sad to be emptying the pool. Summer is really coming to an end. It was wonderful. I enjoyed the time with my children.
School is great too, in such a different way. The structure, more kids around for my kids to play with, new friends, my youngest daughter talking, and the quiet in the mornings. My morning naps help me be a happier and more productive mommy when they happen.
I am off to cook a bit more. First I need to get the kreplach to 100%, then wash a couple more dishes, pack my son's food for tomorrow, find some food for me so I can take my meds and then hopefully go to sleep. It may take me four or five more work and rest sessions, but IY"H (if G-d wills it) I can do it.
You make me feel like a lazy bum reading all that you got done!
ReplyDelete