Thursday, February 18, 2010

Now isn't that swell

I spoke with my ENT today and he feels that the parotid swelling may be from damage from the radiation. Considering the fact that I swelled up like a chipmunk for the first couple days and had a bit less, but serious swelling for a couple weeks after that, his theory makes sense. That actually was one of my better case scenarios until this conversation. He went on to say that if that was the case that we wouldn't be able to do the RAI again.

RAI is the best tool we have against thyroid cancer.

We are going to throw it out over some salivary glands?

I can live without a couple salivary glands better than I can live with cancer we can't treat, no?

On a better note, I got through my sleep deprived day pretty well B"H! Besides my blood draw this morning, I got dishes washed, the two littles bathed and took care of sending some medical supplies to a friend who was in the midst of a medical crisis with her son.

I also agreed to let my daughter have 20 children over for an hour or so Friday night and to provide them with snack. That should be incentive enough to get her full cooperation preparing for Shabbos tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map