Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A whole days of beads

A friend of mine took me to the bead store and to a beading class today. My hands are too numb and my frustration tolerance too low to take up the crocheting they were teaching, but I had fun beading none the less. I brought my beads from my Beit Natan retreat with me, the first time I was introduced to the bead crocheting concept (and failed miserably) and made them into a nice necklace which I am very happy with.

I bought beads for my girls and they were thrilled. They spent the whole afternoon making necklaces and bracelets. The personalities and differences in taste really came out clearly in the creations of my older two. They each have their own style, taste and talent.




All of the necklaces together.
The picture didn't come out terribly well, the individual pictures are better.
(there are also a couple bracelets and a ring, but they are currently being worn)



The necklace I made myself is on top and the necklaces my 11 year old made me on the bottom



The necklaces my 11 year old made herself


The necklace my 9 year old made herself


the necklace my 5 year old made herself


I am exhausted, wiped out and done.

I don't think I am getting up any earlier than 11am tomorrow, except to say goodbye to the kids. I am too tired to move or think straight. My calcium is low (as usual lately) and the muscle cramps make it hard to sleep but I think I will be able to sleep tonight.

Good news! I got the insurance approval for the Thyrogen injections I need for my testing next week. The really great part is, the approval is without limitations. According to the pharmacist the approval doesn't have an end date or a limit on number of times we can use it. That is cause for celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map