Thursday, June 25, 2009

Busy day.

We spent the morning at the hospital with Avraham Chaim. PDZ needed my help getting everyone up and out so there was no way to do my blood work and get there on time so I didn't. It is actually rather freeing to have no labs from Tuesday to Sunday. I hope it isn't also rather stupid. Last time I decided all was well and skipped labs I was wrong. I am feeling relatively okay though.

:)

I saw the naturopath today to figure out what I should be eating. She says that cauliflower and cabbage are goiterogenic and to avoid them. I will miss my cauliflower. It was such a good low phosphorus, low iodine food. On the other hand sweet potatoes are pretty low in phosphorus and salad is good. Eggs aren't terrible, though they aren't low iodine, but in very limited quantities. Salad with cut up hard boiled eggs is sounding promising. I just have to figure out how to eat it without the kids "helping" too much. That is the problem with making special meals.

She had other ideas as well, and printed me some lists and information.

I hope to have it figured out and food frozen for when I am hypothyroid soon! I hope my mother is up for helping in the house and kitchen instead of so much traveling this year. This year is about seeing the family, visiting and hanging out IMO, not big trips. A couple trips to the next town over's pool may be on my agenda and a trip to the zoo if all is well, but other trips I think she needs to figure out how to go on her own.

She is scheduled to arrive Wendesday morning.

Zlata Tova did the grocery shopping. She did a pretty good job. I have to figure out what else we need for Avraham Chaim's upshern Sunday and buy papergoods tomorrow on top of making Shabbos on my own for the first time since before surgery. I think I took on a bit too much, but where there is a will, there is a way and Shabbos is coming so I will get some rest in the end IY"H.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map