I had a blood draw today, but wonder if the lab noticed it was marked stat. The results should have been in by 2pm and it is after that. Neurologically I feel like my calcium level is higher, and considering the fact that the surgeon upped me to 9.6 grams (16 pills) of calcium a day and 1.25mcg of the alpha D3 my calcium better not be low any more. My blood calcium levels seem to have very little to do with the amount of calcium and alpha d3 I am taking at this point though.
The scary thing is, high calcium is just as dangerous as low calcium and we can't seem to get it right. I am really worried that the increasing the calcium and alpha d3 so much all at once was a bad idea.
We still didn't get approval for the Renagel so the doctor told me to just buy it because we can't keep on playing around with calcium level swings like this. It isn't safe. $400 later I have a months supply. There is a possibility that we will get some of that money back when the insurance approval comes in. It is worth it to be able to stay home and if it stabilizes my calcium levels it is worth double that.
The problem is, there is no way to do labs outside of the hospital until Sunday. Starting it today seems risky, but so it leaving things the way they are.
I have to make a doctor's appointment for Avraham Chaim. His tube site is starting to look infected.
I am so tired of the fighting, waiting, worrying and being tired.
I need to find something to smile about today. It was a long week and I am totally exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment