Thursday, June 18, 2009

I had a nice morning

My blood draw went fine, the dr's appointment was productive (lots of paperwork we needed to do and results to go over, but no surprises) and then I met up with a bunch of friends and had a bagel, salad and ice coffee. Good thing I did it BEFORE I got my lab results since my phosphorus this morning was significantly elevated, with being careful, so cheating wasn't really a great idea. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now.

The spasm like pains in my throat continue, mostly when I laugh. It is a problem. I need to laugh to stay sane. I am not sure what to do about this.

So phosphorus up to 5.8, anemia improving (now I only have to take iron, b vitamins, and folic acid once a day), calcium still normal, and physical therapy progressing well.

The physical therapist suggested a massage and I might just look into the idea.

We are working on planning a sudas hodaa (meal of thanksgiving) and Avraham Chaim's first haircut. It will IY"H be on his third birthday which is a week from Sunday. My brother in law is coming to help cut vegis and I am sure he will help set up. I have to buy papergoods but I have no idea how many people are coming. I am going to make cream cheese, buy rolls, hummus and candies (for the kids), have family bring cakes and salads and a neighbor is making lasagna.

If I were feeling better I would make the rolls and do all the cooking and baking myself, but family and neighbors are wonderful and seeing it all come together is really heartwarming.

1 comment:

  1. Liba, just wanted to let you know that I check in and read your posts, catching up with you and your family. You are in my heart and thoughts and it is pure fun to learn more about your daily life and how the kids are doing. I am glad you are feeling better and wish that your energy could magically return! hugs, Cathy (cathleenc - amity)

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map