Friday, June 5, 2009

Scar 6.5 weeks post op



This is my scar today, about a month and a half post op. My neck is still swollen, but it is healing nicely and should fade eventually. The muscles on that side of my neck are still very tense and tight and obviously the feeling isn't back yet.

I am back on my Eltroxin and hoping that it kicks back in soon. I am looking forward to having some energy and mental clarity. I told the people who had been sending meals during the week that I would be able to deal with it on my own starting next week. I am a bit worried, a bit excited and hoping I am not pushing too hard, pretending all is well, too soon.

The Renagel may be doing something. Either way my body is happier. I am less twitchy, crampy and numb today. It will be interesting to see what my lab results are on Sunday. Too bad they won't be back until after I see the surgeon Sunday morning. I hoping that the horrific heartburn that woke me up this morning and has been winning over the Tums isn't related to the Renagel. I guess if it is I will start meds for that too. With 28 pills a day plus pain meds, what would one more be? Sigh. I don't want to.

We are getting ready for Shabbos and don't have any appointments or labs until Sunday! It is a well needed break. I look forward to the one day a week that the children don't have school, the phone doesn't ring and the computer sits quietly. I expect a lot of good snuggling, board games, food and talks. The big girls have really been enjoying Othello the last couple weeks.

Neighbors are sending over salads and a cholent. I am pulling soup, potato kuggel, and challah out of the freezer and PDZ made chicken and will be making eggs and noddles.

I am going to go take a nap!

1 comment:

  1. That is looking really good sweety! :) I just found the link for this blog so I'm trying to read it and catch up. I'll make sure to bookmark it so I can keep reading in between our calls. :)

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map