Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Well okay, that was odd

I got to my doctor's office at 7:45am as they were opening and waited for the nurse to come to draw my blood. By 8:10am I was on my way to the hospital (for my 8am appointment). I got there in record time. I checked in at 8:40am and sat and waited for an hour. They finally came and got me and gave me a pill with radioactive symbol pictures all over it. They told me to continue fasting for another hour and come back tomorrow.

What happened to the scan an hour after the pill today? I have it written in my oncologist's handwriting that there were to be two scans, today an hour after the radioactive iodine and tomorrow 24 hours after.

Neither the oncologist nor her nurse work today so I came home. I guess I could have called the oncologist's cell phone but I didn't think of that fast enough. My ride was on its way and my brain is functioning too slowly.

I hope the scan tomorrow is enough!

It was crazy trying to get back home. I obviously did, since I am here typing, but the person who agreed to drive me from the hospital to the mall to catch a bus didn't. He dropped me off at a major intersection not too far from the bus stop under normal circumstances. Fasting and exhausted, wearing uncomfortable shoes in the heat didn't feel so normal. It took me 12 minutes to walk, though it probably should have only taken seven.

While I was on the bus I called the pharmacy to check and was told that my Renagel prescription was authorized, so I stopped at there on the way home to take care of that. In the end it wasn't yet, but I did buy popsicles on sale around the corner while waiting for a different bus home. I hope the kids will be happy.

My blood pressure Sunday was 142/92 and this morning was down to 126/70. I wonder if that means my calcium is back up. God willing, results should be in in a couple hours. I am very tingly, which is a sign of low calcium, but I had to wait to take my calcium and alpha D3 until 10:30am because I was fasting, so that may explain it.

I will be back to update once blood test results are in!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map