Monday, June 1, 2009

I (almost) blew that

Zlata Tova has an endocrinologist appointment at 5pm tonight. I knew about it for quite a while. I have babysitters planned and thought I was ready to go.

All of the sudden at 2pm I panicked and decided we hadn't done the blood tests we needed. I called to cancel and was told the next available appointment was in October. I thought there was nothing I could do but make a new appointment. I was rescheduling when I realized... we did the labs the endocrinologist wanted when we did her labs for the nephrologist before Pesach. B"H I realized before I got off the phone and the appointment was given to someone else.

My brain hypothyroid, hypocalcemic, with too many important things to remember just can't function as it used to. I have felt mentally slow since the surgery and it is things like this that make it a bit scary. I know I am legally not allowed to drive because my brain is chemically altered (since I am still very hypothyroid) but I have been at least pretending I could still remember what I needed to when I needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map