Yesterday was a productive day. I got all the laundry folded and put away, the girls cleaned their room (aka put the laundry from under their bed and their closet flood into the laundry room). That means today is another laundry washing day. :) Life goes on!
Labs came back a lot better yesterday. Calcium was normal at 9.2 and my phosphorus was only 4.6, so barely elevated. It seems that something is going right. I assume the change was from the medication schedule change, so we will be keeping the new schedule. Calcium and Renagel are now being taken with each meal, four times a day, together without worry that the Renagel is decreasing calcium absorption.
I also got the results from my PTH testing which was done last Wednesday, while my calcium was very low and phosphorus high. My PTH was undetectable, which is not good news. Last time we did the testing we got the same result but my calcium was high, so we were hoping that that was why. With my calcium low and phosphorus high my parathyroid should have been putting out plenty of hormones and the results should have been quite different. I am realy starting to fear that this is going to be a long term issue. I hope it gets easier soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment