Am I allowed to laugh when results come back like this?
TSH > 100.00 mIU/L normal 0.35-4.94 (.........)*
I wonder what the lab tech thought when she saw that?
On a good note, even with my TSH stimulated, my thyroglobulin was still only 11.
The goal is zero, but we realistically don't expect to see that until well after the RAI.
My calcium levels are concerning but I declined a visit to the ER for IV calcium. I think it is on its way up. In some ways I am feeling a bit better. We shall see what tomorrows draw shows. I just hope that they get the results back quickly this time!
My PCP is out of the office tomorrow and gave me her home and cell phone numbers in case I need her. I think that by now I can change med doses based on lab results and symptoms, but it is great to know she cares.
I have to talk to the rav again about pregnancy prevention. The gyn could only come up with one viable option and the rav wasn't excited about that option when I spoke to him before the appointment. Honestly neither was I. There are too many health issues involved in the choice though. We need to figure it out. The gyn says that the high thyroid levels wouldn't necessarily make me infertile but could cause major mental retardation in the baby and glowing in the dark from radiation wouldn't be a great benefit either.
I can't believe this cancer has the power to control my reproductive status. It is a very big blow. The scars don't bother me, the pain I can deal with, the weight gain despite lack of appetite doesn't thrill me, but I am not crying over it. I really wanted one healthy, nursing baby after all I went through with Avraham Chaim though. I thought it would be healing. It is a dream I nurtured for quite a while. I guess what I thought I needed wasn't what I really needed though. God knows better.
I have been warned that the first year after the RAI I shouldn't avoid pregnancy and that after that pregnancy hormones have the ability to activate cancer growth so unless the scans are totally clean, and even if they are, it is a risk that needs to be weighed.
There is a lot to think about. The good thing is, I have at least a year to do so. We aren't making any permanent decisions now.
No comments:
Post a Comment