I am B"H feeling much better today. I have very little numbness and tingling and my lip twitching is there but minimal. My calcium is the very lowest end of the normal range, which is a huge relief but isn't what we were expecting with the new drug. It was expected that as my phosphorus went down (due to the medication) my calcium levels would go up. My phosphorus is down, but not yet normal.
The surgeon said that the strangling feeling I am experiencing is normal. He had an explanation that included collagen regrowth, etc but I can't pretend to understand. Basically, he said it is healing as is expected and to expect to spend the next year feeling like I am being choked.
He wasn't thrilled about my thyroglobulin level (11.9 Thursday) but said that due to the completeness of my neck dissection that once I have done the RAI he expects there to be only a 20% chance that I will need further surgery on my neck. It is obviously all in God's hands, but we are looking at good statistics.
I know I am thinking too much, and am trying not to borrow worry, but his surprise at the 11.9 has me a little more worried about distant spread. There is nothing to do but pray and wait. My whole body scan is August 19th.
There isn't much else scheduled for this week except Esther Rivka's school birthday party on Tuesday and I have to make the children appointments with the new pediatrician. The old pediatrician handed over all of their records before he stopped coming to the city, but I was told to make well appointments so the new ped has seen them while well so I guess I should do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment