Thursday, January 13, 2011

B"H I think this is good news...

My TG (thyroglobulin) levels came back really low. I haven't spoken with my oncologist yet, I was supposed to call her with the results but today was really busy and I didn't get the results until late. I don't know what she is thinking or decided, but I am hoping that this means we aren't doing RAI again now. On the one hand getting rid of stray cancer cells is smart, on the other hand RAI is miserable, the increased risk of other cancers that comes along with the RAI is scary, separation from the family is really hard and it made me sick for months after and I want to feel well for our trip.

I should call tomorrow. It would be the right thing to do. I really don't want to though, so we will see.

We missed my son's van in this morning. I decided that that meant it was time to go take care of our passports and my orthotics. The passports was a wild goose chase. They changed all of the hours as of Jan 1st and when I looked at their website last it was before that. They offices were closed Wednesday morning so we ran around and paid for cabs and still need to go back and try again another time.

I did B"H get casted for new orthotics, so my husband thinks that the trip was worth it. I came home a mess and slept a good part of the day, first in my chair and then in my bed, so I really don't know. I will have a better feeling for whether it was worth it or not when I pick up my orthotics next week. If they fix my foot pain it won't have been a wasted trip.

I need to get insurance approval before I pick them up... I also have to figure out if I am bringing my kids who need orthotics with me to get casted when I pick my orthotics up next week. I will have to check their afternoon hours and go from there.

This evening I was out for reflexology and massage and totally forgot to buy melatonin. I left my appointment and headed right for the clothing stores looking for a while blouse with buttons for my oldest. She has a performance next week and needed it. While I was shopping I found a couple cute skirts for the girls and bought them too, which was pure hashgacha (divine providence). When I got home I told my daughter I got her a while blouse and she apologized and sheepishly told me she needed a black skirt as well and had forgotten to tell me. One of the two skirts I bought was black and fit her beautifully.

I may not manage to take care of myself, and get my melatonin, but I B"H managed to take care of my daughter in a way I didn't even know she needed to be taken care of. The smile on her face was worth a lot of sleepless nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map