Wednesday, January 19, 2011

From sick kid to school celebrations

I don't have much time to breath, update or sleep.

The misabat bat mitzvah was beautiful B"H. I am too tired to translate, but there were 88 girls from the three parallel 6th grades singing and dancing and moving in a choreographed routine with such joy and unity that it made me cry happy tears. This is such a change from the class of 8 we left behind in the states.

I didn't even bother wiping my eyes, just my chin as it dripped. I am such a sap. I cry at all of the school parties, and I bawled at this one.

I can't even complain that the whole thing lasted 3.5 hours. It was totally worth it. As tired as I am, I didn't fall asleep until I sat down in the bus on the way home. It was that good.

It is such a blessing to live here. It is such a blessing to live. I really appreciate making it to my children's celebrations and events. I plan on making it to my grandchildren's as well, but between my own health issues and losing my father as a teen I really appreciate would I am not missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map