Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I slept!

I got four hours of sleep last night and a four hour nap this morning. I can't say I feel like a new woman, but I am feeling a bit more emotionally on keel and definitely feel like smiling again.

Even better, I had a group buy coupon for bagels in Jerusalem. I paid 20nis a couple for 49nis worth of bagels (a dozen) and my good friend did the same. Her husband picked up our bagels for us and I had a wonderful treat tonight!

Lab results are still not in. I was supposed to call my oncologist with results today, and obviously that didn't happen. I have decided that the results are going to be good though and we are going to avoid the RAI and all will be fine.

I made a schedule for our trip to the US. I have a groupon for a hotel stay in New Hampshire so we had to decide when to use it and book our room. The coupon is good for 2 nights in a family suite, suitable for up to six people. Since so many were sold I was worried that if we waited too long we wouldn't get the dates we needed unless we booked early, so I did that today.

I am looking forward to showing my children New Hampshire. Covered bridges, shady walks through forest paths, quaint tourist shops and a bit of time on our own as a family to relax without needing to remember we are in someone else's home and on their schedule. I think it will be a great time for relaxation and family memories. If the weather is good we can explore and barbeque outdoors and if not we can play boardgames, explore the little museums and shops and eat bagels and sandwiches.

I am really enjoying planning this trip. We have never had a vacation before, not in 14 years of marriage.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for your vacation. It will be some well deserved family time.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map