Friday, January 21, 2011

Good friends just knows

A bunch of my friends planned a brunch for this morning. The planning wasn't so easily since different times worked for different people and first it was on, then it was off, then it was going to be Saturday night, then it was this morning again.

When I went to bed last night it was most definitely not going to be this morning, and I don't do well with last minute changes of schedule, so that was that. Happening or not I wasn't going to be making it there.

5:30am I woke up. 8:30am the kids were all at school and I was getting ready to take a nap when the phone rang. It was my friend, the brunch was on and she would be at my house in 20 minutes to pick me up.

She knew full well that if I had to get there on my own I would stay home.

I had a wonderful time. I am so so glad I went. It raised my spirits and made me feel a lot more positive, even if I was so tired I couldn't move. I ended up sleeping from 8pm-11:30pm and am not wide awake at 4am. I might have slept through the night but my wonderful husband woke me so I could eat and take my medications. It was necessary, but the sleeping through the night that I had been working so hard on this week is now back to square one.

All in all, good friends, lots of smiles and laughter, out of the house for fun and not appointments, it is just what my friends ordered! It is a remedy I am very very happy I took the "medicine" they prescribed.

1 comment:


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map