Sunday, January 30, 2011

I think I figured it out.

I was not okay last week, and as the week wore on, even with the IV calcium I was more and more twitchy, tingly and just feeling awful. At some point I realized that it all started not just with my trip to the mall, but also a new batch of medicine. Unfortunately we emptied all of that batch of medicine into my pill boxes, so we have no lot numbers, but on switching to a different batch I started feeling better.

I am still numb and tingly, but I can smile and do a bit without being absolutely miserable and each day is getting better instead of worse.

I need to call the pharmacy tomorrow and see if their computer records the lot numbers when they sell them. Something needs to be done though, because I can't be the only one affected.

Relying on medication to stay alive means that the manufacturer needs to make it right every single time. This is just not okay.

3 comments:

  1. I had the pharmacy give me the wrong meds one time, and the teenager behind the counter didn't believe me. She gave me a little yellow pill that almost looked like the one I ordered. It wasn't the same, and it could have caused serious complications had I not caught the mistake. Yes, when we need to take one or two pills each day so we can live as normal of a life as possible, that pill has to be right. So glad you figured out the problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, it was the right meds, but the medication in it seemed to be either missing or majorly lacking.

    Mikimi, as you read, I did. I hope they recall soon!

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map