I found out today that my girls all start Sunday, not Wednesday. AC is the only one starting Wednesday in the end! So much for Sept 1st.
I have been covering books and found we don't have enough book wrapping paper. I got all of ER's books that we purchased covered but she will be getting more when she starts school, so we need more paper or she has to agree to clear plastic covers. I think clear plastic is better since you can see which book it is and it helps with organization, but pink wrapping paper with hearts is what she wants. I can't blame her.
We are enjoying the last days of the pool. My kids have had friends have been over playing daily. B"H summer is still in full swing, though the whine has started to creep in. I am happy school is starting. Two months of vacation is a long long time. It was great, but there is too much of just about anything.
Today I brought the girls for their final dress fittings. They are B"H beautiful dresses. They are personalized for each child and just perfect. The hemming should be done this week and we may have them before Shabbos. Even though they can't wear them until the wedding, having them hanging in the closet should be enough to make them feel like princesses.
The weather is finally cooling off a bit. I should think about turning off the ac and opening the windows. Tomorrow is only supposed to be in the mid 80s! After weeks of temperatures hovering around 100, this is huge.
Tomorrow I am treating myself to a manicure and pedicure. I haven't had either in five years. I need to get out and have a bit of space away from the house and the kids. An hour or so to myself will hopefully do a lot towards keeping me smiling at them and enjoying the last couple days of vacation. If I am able to enjoy it I will be in a much better place to be able to help them enjoy it as well.
you deserve to "spoil" yourself more than once in five years! keep hydrated and healthy!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your special pampering time! I am so glad you are doing this, friend. You are right, when a Momma can get away to recharge her batteries, it helps her to remember that she actually loves her job as a Momma.
ReplyDelete