It was very very nice. I love seeing family, and having them all come to one local place made it really easy for me. We ate, we laughed, we celebrated and we enjoyed. The company was great and the food was good as well.
My children were well behaved, had fun, and made me proud.
I had had plans to go see a second hand couch this morning. When I called at 10:45am to confirm that they were going to be home, since I had arranged to leave my home at 11:15am, the couch had just been sold. Oh well!!
It made for a much quieter and more manageable day.
The kids spent the morning in the pool and I made playdough, both green and blue for them to play with once they got out (and cleared their stuff off of the table). I have a recipe that works without cooking, just combine it all in the mixer. It comes out great and kept them busy for hours.
Tomorrow is my son's last day of camp at his school. It is our last morning, until Sept 1st, waking him up to get him out the door before his van comes at 6:50am. That is one thing we will all appreciate a vacation from!
Today I also discovered that my largest pot is 8 quarts. I gave my brother in law my huge pot and thought I had another big one left but I obviously don't. My aunt needs a pot to make chicken soup in for 75 people and I really can't help her.
Speaking of helping, she isn't taking the cholent in the end. Someone offered to make fresh so I am still stuck with a significant portion of my freezer space filled with food that we will never eat.
I need to start a cholent gemach and advertise that I have it to give away.
Cholent, free to a good home. At least 10 liters available for the taking!!
Maye we will do just that.
maybe you can send to small family after birth?
ReplyDelete