Sunday, August 22, 2010

Restocked freezer, refreshed family, and a new project

B"H the food arrived a bit before Shabbos, both for our sake and for the sake of the man who was delivering it. His car had overheated but B"H he got it cooled off and going again. It has been insanely hot here (100-110*F) so I am not surprised his car wasn't happy.

The frozen food I had warmed up we ate, the food that I had removed from the freezer I replaced with the food he brought so we still have one emergency Shabbos worth of food stocked and the salads and extras (like the yummy vegi kuggle) were much appreciated.

Our grocery store closes at 2pm Friday so with the food generally being delivered at 4pm if it doesn't come I have to have a plan or we do without.

My oldest insists that the fact that Friday was hectic made Shabbos even more relaxed and sweeter. I like her attitude, though I did physically pay a price for the stress. I would prefer not to make Shabbos sweeter in the fashion!

Besides that, not a lot to update. B"H some toilet training success, though still far from perfect. We never gave up and it is paying off. School starts in just over a week so we are getting the last of the summer fun in. More school shopping planned for this week. My oldest is complaining that she can't hear with her right ear so we will be visiting the doctor tomorrow IY"H. We are saving water melon rinds to pickle them. I need to find a good recipe for that though. Lots of pool time planned and just some low key easy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map