Friday, August 27, 2010

Manicure was nice but I think I am a massage lady.

I was pampered, poked, filed and even cut a little bit. I like the end result, pretty fingers and toes, and getting out was great. Coming home to a house full of sleeping children was better. My husband cleaned up with the kids and got them to sleep while I was out, which was a wonderful treat for me. My kids aren't hard to get to sleep, I love bedtime kisses, cuddles and singing them to sleep, but I needed the night off.

I didn't find the manicure or pedicure in of themselves relaxing. It was a bit painful and I don't need extra pain. Part of the "problem" if you want to call it that, was a not so comfortable chair. It was hard and metal. If I do this again in five years I think a spa is called for. Somewhere with jet foot baths, comfortable chairs and sterilized equipment.

I am picky, eh?

We had a great day. Friends came over (mine too, not just the kids') and played in the pool this morning. After they left we had a pizza and pickle picnic in the living room since it was too hot to have it outside.

We are squeezing as much fun as we can into the last couple days before school starts!

1 comment:

  1. even better is a massage or foot reflexology (if u can handle it) in your own home.
    whenever ER is up 2 meeting me, i'm coming to have a pickle or two.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map