Based on symptoms, even before the blood test results came in, I got my IV and I am glad I did it. I feel so much better. Now I am trying to pick up the pieces and do the things I couldn't do all week.
The funny thing is, the nurse couldn't find a vein. After trying my good veins and not being successful in getting the IV started she called in the pediatrician to start my IV. While she was working on me a girl, probably 8-9 years old came in for IV for dehydration. The pediatrician assumed she was the one who the nurse needed help with starting the IV on, not great big grown up me. The nurse had started the dehydrated girl's IV first try.
This morning the kids spent in the pool and helped me sweep up all of the play dough crumbs. This afternoon I am baking. I have challah and chocolate kokish cake in the oven. I still have to make matzah balls for the soup, but my husband took care of peeling all of the vegetables and is now giving the kids baths.
The IV doesn't bring me to 100%, but it is such a huge difference. I know the risks and why they don't like to give it often (or at all out side of the hospital really) but it is such a blessing for me and makes such an improvement in my quality of life.
Boruch HaShem!
ReplyDeleteB"H yom yom. I love good days.
ReplyDelete