Sunday, August 1, 2010

We are half way there!

Shabbos was again a very enjoyable day. I spent part of the day thinking about it, why is it so much easier than the rest of the week with my mother?

My conclusion was, she isn't trying to change my house or fix things all Shabbos. She is content just to be with us enjoying the quiet, the food and the company.

I think the problem is, I wish she felt that way the rest of the week. We may need help, but we don't need fixing, critique, or the stress that goes with wanting to make a difference in such a small amount of time.

I think the day tomorrow, once we get out of the house, should be good too. I am not sure how I will survive it physically, but emotionally being away should be good for our mother/daughter relationship.

Right now I am working on packing lists and food for tomorrow. Everyone else went to sleep and left the last of the Shabbos cleanup, as well as the packing and food for tomorrow on my head.

Maybe I will stay in the van and sleep while they tour.

1 comment:


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map